How to deliver outstanding corporate events
Want to plan successful business events…like a top professional?
Then check out this insider’s guide to planning perfect corporate events.
- Discover a proven system for delivering high quality, memorable and rewarding events on time every time.
- Become a super efficient; super confident event planner.
- Learn the ‘how to’ of successful event project planning.
- Be able to easily design exciting and engaging events.
Interested? Then this book is for you!
Get your copy from my publishers Lulu.com Buy Now
About this corporate events book
My name is Chris Powell, founder of the Event Expert. I have been designing, planning and delivering events for the past 20 years. To date I have completed over 500 events and trained 3500+ event managers. Over the years I have learnt a lot about the ‘how to’ of successful events. In my book I will share with you everything I know about successful corporate event planning and a whole lot more.
Keynote: The complete ‘how to’ guide to designing, planning and delivering exciting, engaging and rewarding corporate events
Events are a tried and tested method for businesses, associations and public bodies to reach and engage with their audiences. They are the ultimate life marketing experience. Yet many of you are what I call accidental events planners: It’s not the day job but you are still expected to deliver a high-quality experience, memorable and ultimately rewarding event. No easy task!
The good news is that I believe we can all be great event planners. So whether it is a meeting for 20 or a large conference for hundreds, my tried and tested 8-Step Event Planning System (the same one I use to run my own events) will help you deliver exciting, engaging and rewarding corporate events. My e-book is comprehensive and takes you through every stage of designing, planning and delivering a successful event. My book is written by an event manager for event managers. Each page is packed full useful hints, tips and to do lists. It’s comprehensive and will take much of the risk out of planning your company’s events: allowing you to deliver exciting and enjoyable events, packed full of great take away memories.
What will you learn? The How to of successful business events
Inside this book, you will learn the “how to” of:
- Delivering your event set against the principles of The Event Expert planning process.
- Delivering an event your customers actually want.
- Using objective setting to guide your event planning.
- Creating and designing an event that excites: agreeing the look, style, format and positioning for the event, setting dates, evaluating and selecting the best ideas, theming your event, setting objectives and writing an event brief.
- Event project planning: creating project plans, budgeting, picking your event team, selecting competent contractors, drafting event outlines, insurances, traffic management plans and contracts.
- Selecting your venue criteria, searching and evaluating your venue, making site visits, getting venue quotes and preparing an event site plan.
- Designing a great event programme: booking activities, speakers, entertainment and event catering, encouraging participation, setting event timings, delivering powerful presentations.
- Creating compelling copy, using a variety of promotional media and calls to action, selling the benefits, using social media, pricing your event, incentivising attendance with bonuses, and defining methods of payment and registration.
- Delivering your event: operational planning, managing your suppliers, contractor and speaker requirements, catering schedules, providing registration desks and joining instructions, carrying out risk assessments and emergency planning.
- Leading, motivating and briefing your event day team.
- Obtaining feedback and evaluating the effect of your event.
In short – how to deliver a successful and rewarding event that creates a lasting impression on your audience: something that inspires them to action.
If you run any of the following: conferences, seminars, meetings, staff events, celebratory occasions, client appreciation, away and open days… in fact any business event! Then this new book is for you!
Get your copy from my publishers Lulu.com Buy Now
Who is this book for?
Anybody involved in planning, delivering or commissioning corporate events such as: businesses, local authorities, county councils, government departments, venues, visitor attractions, museums, charities, associations, galleries, hotels, universities, schools and, of course, individuals. In fact anybody who believes that events have an important part to play in their organisation – as a promotional and public relations tool, to generate new and repeat business, develop their community, educate a market, to thank clients, send a message and to make money. You are especially encouraged to buy this book if you have tried organising events before and they haven’t quite delivered.
Here are a few book testimonials
“How to deliver OUTSTANDING corporate events is superb. Everyone who organises corporate events needs to read this – even if its just as a refresher for those who’ve been doing it for years. I wish I’d had this when I first started organising corporate seminars many years ago. The book lays out a clear process from beginning to end and includes so many details that, quite frankly, many of us have failed to think about before event days! One can tell that the author really does know what he’s talking about. And has, no doubt, learned many of these lessons the hard way. As a speaker and conference moderator, it was reassuring to even see advice on how to research and book on-stage talent too. Chris Powell, the author really has thought to include everything you will (or may) need to know about organising corporate events.”
– Roy Shepherd, Speaker and Specialist Conference Moderator
“There is a world of difference between a well organised and a poorly organised event. I know this from personal experience, having delivered more than 300 keynote speeches at events in over 70 countries around the world. I only wish all my hosts had read this book and benefited from the author’s hard-won lessons. Effective event organisation is as much a science and an acquired skill as it is an art and a creative process. The bottom line is this: if you run events and want to make them better, this book will show you how.”
– Dr Wayne Visser, Author of Sustainable Frontiers and Director of Kaleidoscope Futures
“This is an excellent text book on how to run the perfect corporate event (although most of the information is readily portable to pretty much any kind of event). Chris clearly has a great breadth of knowledge and understanding of the event delivery process and manages to convey it all in easily to digest chunks. I have produced events myself for a number of years and I dip in to the book every now and again when I get to a particularly “head-scratch” moment. The book addresses those who are new to event management as well as those of us who perhaps have a little more experience. Chris Powell certainly hasn’t let me down yet!”
– Christopher Milnes, Director KPI Events
“I first met Chris after he was referred to me. After chatting about his experience and future events I felt great respect for Chris. He takes on some mean tasks and one of them I think has been writing his book on ‘How to deliver outstanding corporate events’. I have read and continue to read ‘how to’ books and can honestly say Chris’ book really does give you every ‘how to’ step you can think of. His book should be THE book every event planner should read and continue to read. I thoroughly recommend this book.”
– Louise Elcock, JSL Conferences
How to Deliver Outstanding Corporate Events is essential reading for events management students and those new or occasional event managers. It clearly helps you understand the principles of organising corporate events. From an operational and strategic marketing perspective these principles are fully integrated and coherent. The book builds on an understanding of principles to give students the ability to successfully carry out their ideas. This crossover from principles to implementation is of paramount importance but rarely seen. It helps to build student confidence, as they will have the comfort in knowing that using Chris Powell’s work will enable them to make a real impact. It is one of those rare books that in particular students will keep and take to their employment. They will get that reassurance that they will not overlook any of the essential details of their planned event.
– Prof David Birks, Winchester University
“We have been running our own events at The Wow Company for some time now; we thought we had a reasonably good understanding of how to run successful events. Our events have always been good, but after reading Chris’ ‘How to deliver outstanding Corporate Events – our events are now even better programmed, have greater reach, can be organised with many less ‘man-hours’ and are now even more professional. I would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone thinking of, or anyone who is already running business events. The tools and resources within the book have repaid the price of the book many times over.”
– Paul Bulpitt, Director The Wow Company
“‘How to Deliver Outstanding Corporate Events’ is an excellent and thorough book that makes event planning accessible to students who are seeking a corporate events management career. Comprehensive, focused and immediately useful Powell’s book is a back-to-basics reminder of what must be considered in order to provide a memorable and indeed outstanding event. The book is a valuable ‘how to guide’ for aspiring event managers encouraging introspection in the corporate events planning process. The book provides a comprehensive distillation of questions and project plan check lists corporate events managers must consider. The ‘8 Step Event Planning System’ clearly defines the critical pathway to being an inspirational leader and successful corporate events manager. An imperative read for undergraduate students aspiring to be successful corporate events managers.”
– Dr Karla Boluk, Programme Leader Events Management, University of Ulster
“This is a comprehensive and easy to follow practical guide to delivering events. Chris Powell is both an industry professional and trainer and thus his book bridges the gap between theory and practise. This is a current and valuable text that deserves a place on reading lists as the level of detail and practical advice it contains makes this book a must read for all undergraduates.”
– Emma Nolan, Programme Leader – BA (Honours) Event Management, the University of Winchester
Want to know the ‘how-to’ of great corporate events. Then don’t delay – order your copy NOW.
At £10.61 (hard copy) this is the ideal investment for those individuals and teams keen to make sure all of their events are high-quality, memorable and ultimately rewarding. Everything I have learnt over my 20 years as an event manager is in my book!
An e-book version is also available.
Get your copy from my publishers Lulu.com Buy Now
Would you mind spreading the word?
I’d love your help in spreading the word about ‘How to deliver outstanding corporate events’ so if you know of any colleagues, partners, friends or network contacts who would be interested in this book please do share this with them. Thank you.
One final reminder the books keynote says…
The complete ‘how to’ guide to designing, planning and delivering exciting, engaging and rewarding corporate events.
The Event Expert specialise in helping individuals and teams design, plan and deliver high-quality, exciting and enjoyable events that are packed full of great takeaway memories.
We offer the following services:
- Event Consultancy: We’ll coach you to run your own events or provide specific help.
- Event Management Courses We’ll create bespoke courses and train you to run your own events.
- Events Speaker: We’ll write and deliver talks on the ‘how to’ of planning successful events.
Need a little help with your next event? Contact me today and lets start working on making your events outstanding!