Event Management Courses
Our suite of off / on line event management courses and follow-on support and consultancy programmes will help you run successful and rewarding events.
The vast majority of today’s event planners lack experience or formal qualifications and yet are expected to deliver outstanding events in the most public of environments. Many of you are new, accidental or occasional event planners: it’s not the day job. Events may appear in your job description but not in your job title.
Known as the ultimate live marketing experience: a well-designed and produced event should deliver considerable returns of investment. Event planners (individuals, teams or committees) are tasked with delivering these live experiences. There is always pressure to deliver results.
Sounds familiar, is this you?
The truth is:
Knowing how to deliver great events is a learned skill.
How can we help you?
The Event Expert offers a suite of in-house and on-line short event management courses which to date, has helped turn over 5000+ accidental, occasional and new event managers (just like you?) into confident and skilled event professionals.
They are designed with your event planning needs in mind, at a date, time and location (usually your offices) that suit you.
They are delivered as tailored half, one and two-day event management courses right up to multiple day master classes to individuals and teams tasked with planning events. Event planning webinars are delivered in batches of 2-3 modules for ease of learning and delivery.
Courses cover business events, virtual events, public and major events, sports and community events and event health and safety and risk assessments.
Course delegates get access to a unique 7-step event management process, supported by planning aids, workbooks, reference manuals, event checklists and illustrated by your tutor’s 20+ year’s event management experience.
You can select from three different course styles offering varying degrees of follow on support.
The Event Essentials Programme:
- I day of in-house event planning training for 6-10 people delivered as per course programme. Click here for full details of this course only programme.
The Confident Event Managers Programme:
- I days’ worth of bespoke in-house expert event planning training for 6-10 people delivered as per course programme and including any additional course requests or revisions and 6 weeks of follow up support. Click here for full details of course + follow up programme.
The Expert Event Managers Programme:
- 1 ½ days of in-house event specific training for 6-10 people with 6 months end to end support. The training will be based on the types of event you are planning to run. Click here for full details of this course + very comprehensive follow up support programme.
Click here to see the full list of our event training courses.
Our on-line courses and Event Planning Webinars
We can also offer two On-Line self paced introductions to event management called ‘How to be an event manager’ and ‘How to organise successful events‘as well as a How to organise successful sports events courses. You can learn how to be an event manager, when you want and where you want!
Stop Press: Events Planning Webinars. All of our courses are available to be delivered as live virtual events. The same great content, discussions, exercises etc. We recommend that they are delivered in batches of 2-3 modules per webinar.
Why not take a moment to watch this video which explains how my event management courses can help you.
“The course was wonderful, exceeded my expectations, made my day, can’t wait to read the course reference manual on the trip back home” – Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Want to up your event planning skills? Get in touch today.
Who do we work for?
We work with organisations who use events as a key part of their marketing strategy.
Clients we have helped come from the world of business, education, sport, the public and charity sector, training companies, tourism, creative agencies and festivals. We help new, student, accidental, occasional right through to experienced event professionals – individuals, businesses and public-sector officers design and deliver all kinds of public and corporate events.
What is the No 1 problem we solve?
We give event planners a structured 7 step event planning: concept to completion process that helps them design, plan and deliver successful and rewarding events.
What are the benefits of our in-house or on line event management courses and event planning webinars?
- The convenience of practical ‘how to’ event sessions, delivered by practising event managers i.e. no flannel, just what you need to do.
- Course tutors (experienced events professionals) who can identify any areas for improvements, offer on the day advice and solutions, sign post you to useful resources and offer further help.
- In-house courses. We come to you at a date and venue to suit you. Clients just need to provide a suitably equipped training room.
- Saves staff travel and accommodation costs and reduces staff time away from the office.
- Highly effective way of developing new knowledge, skills and behaviours quickly.
- Quick and very cost-effective way to develop staff: cheaper than sending your people on individual generic event courses. Add extra people on your course and save more money.
- Courses designed specifically to your needs, event planning experience, future event plans and aligned to your organisational and personal objectives. No need to worry about other needy delegates.
What results can you expect?
We turn event planners into confident and skilled event planners who know ‘how to’ deliver successful, memorable and rewarding events. We liked to think we can inspire you to believe in your ‘events’ self. Which results in them delivering higher return on event figures: making smarter event decisions and reducing costs and event planning time.
Want to know what others think?
Check out our event management course testimonials found around this site and on my LinkedIn profile recommendations to see what previous course delegates and clients have said about working with me.
Can’t see what you need – call me.
I have over the years also created a wide range of specialist event courses and talks covering all kinds of events. If I can help I will. Please note there will be additional design time fees to cover the cost of creating the new material.
Your event management guide, tutor, mentor, trainer – Chris Powell. The Event Expert
With over 500 hundred events successfully delivered and 5000 event managers trained Chris knows a thing or two about the ‘how to’ of successful events. With over 20+ years practical event management experience behind him, you’re in good hands. By his own admission he’s an event groupie…loves events: attending, organising and learning about them and loves helping others develop the confidence to run their own events. Chris’s events’ CV can be found here.
Do you want to be a great event manager? Get in touch today.