Event Management Courses
Our suite of event management courses and follow-on support programmes help you run successful and rewarding events.
Known as the ultimate live marketing experience: a well-designed and produced event will deliver considerable returns of investment. Event planners (individuals, teams or committees) are tasked with delivering these live experiences. Knowing how to deliver great events is a learned skill. However with help – we provide a suite of event management courses (classroom, on-line and webinars) and a desire to learn and a willingness to ‘have a go’…you can become a successful event planner.
Today the vast majority of event planners lack experience or formal qualifications and yet are expected to deliver outstanding events in the most public of environments. Many of you are accidental or occasional event planners: it’s not the day job. Events may appear in your job description but not in your job title. Sounds familiar, is this you? Well help is at hand.
Unique to The Event Expert is an in-house suite of short event management courses which to date, has turned over 4500 accidental, occasional and new event managers (just like you?) into confident and skilled event professionals.
Our event management courses are designed and delivered with your event planning needs in mind, at a date, time and location (usually your offices) that suit you. They are delivered across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Our courses are delivered in three different programme styles to reflect the differing needs of our clients. You select the course and programme style or better still call us to discuss the best options for you.
The Event Essentials Programme:
- I day of in-house event planning training for 6-10 people delivered as per course programme. Click here for full details of this course only programme.
The Confident Event Managers Programme:
- I days’ worth of bespoke in-house expert event planning training for 6-10 people delivered as per course programme and including any additional course requests or revisions and 6 weeks of follow up support. Click here for full details of course + follow up programme.
The Expert Event Managers Programme:
- 1 ½ days of in-house event specific training for 6-10 people with 6 months end to end support. The training will be based on the types of event you are planning to run. Click here for full details of this course + very comprehensive follow up support programme.
Click here to see the full list of our event training courses.
Our on-line courses
We can also offer an On-Line introduction to event management course called ‘How to organise successful events’ and ‘How to be an event manager’ courses. You can learn how to be an event manager: while on the go!
Stop Press: Events Webinars. All of our courses are now available to be delivered as webinars. We recommend that they are delivered in batches of 2-3 modules per webinar.
Why not take a moment to watch this video which explains how my event management courses can help you.
“The course was wonderful, exceeded my expectations, made my day, can’t wait to read the course reference manual on the trip back home” – Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Want to be a great event manager? Get in touch today.
Who do we work for?
We work with organisations who use events as a key part of their marketing strategy.
Over the past 20+ years we have helped clients from the world of business, education, sport, the public and charity sector, training companies, tourism, creative agencies and festivals to develop their event planning skills. We help accidental, occasional and professional event planners – individuals, businesses and public-sector officers design and deliver all kinds of public and corporate events.
Why not take a look at some of our case studies or our client list of people we have already helped.
What is the No 1 problem we solve?
We give event planners a structured 7 step event planning: concept to completion process that helps them design, plan and deliver successful and rewarding events.
How can we help you?
Our events management training courses and programmes offer:
- Events Training to organisations who use events as a key part of their marketing strategy
- Tailored half, one and two-day event management courses right up to multiple day master classes that easily fit around your work commitments. They are delivered to individuals and teams tasked with planning events.
- A choice of three course delivery programmes: course only: course + 6 weeks support: course + full support
Here’s a little more about our courses
- We provide event management training courses for the first-time event, students, accidental and occasional event planners right through to experienced events professionals
- You will get access to a unique 7-step event management process, supported by planning aids, workbooks, reference manuals, event checklists and illustrated by your tutor’s 20+ year’s event management experience.
- After the course is completed we can provide additional consultancy services on an ad hoc basis.
What are the benefits of our in-house event management courses?
- The convenience of practical ‘how to’ event sessions, delivered by practising event managers i.e. no flannel, just what you need to do…conducted on a one-to-one or one-to-many basis.
- Tailored courses delivered by an experienced events professional who can identify any areas for improvements, offer on the day advice and solutions, sign post you useful resources and explain how to access further help…as they go through the course.
- An in-house course. We come to you. Courses are held where and when you want them. Clients just need to provide a suitably equipped training room.
- It saves staff travel and accommodation costs and reduces staff time away from the office.
- It’s a highly effective way of developing new knowledge, skills and behaviours quickly.
- Provides a quick and very cost effective way to develop staff: probably cheaper than sending your people on individual generic event courses. If you add extra people on your course you will reduce the overall cost per delegate, saving you more money.
- You receive a course designed specifically to your needs, event planning experience, plans and aligned to your organisational and personal objectives.
Why do we do it and what results do we achieve?
To make a difference to the lives of ‘accidental or occasional event planners’ and inspire them to believe in themselves and be a great event planner…and to help them (you) deliver great events!
What results can you expect?
We turn accidental and occasional event planners into confident and skilled event planners who know ‘how to’ deliver successful, memorable and rewarding events. Which results in them delivering higher return on event figures: making smarter event decisions and reducing costs and event planning time.
Check out our event management course testimonials found around this site and on my LinkedIn profile recommendations to see what previous course delegates and clients have said about working with me.
If you would prefer to go on a open public course please ask us about these types of course as we also run event management courses for other Training companies.
Can’t see what you need – call me.
I have over the years also created a wide range of specialist event courses and talks covering all kinds of events. If I can help I will. Please note there will be additional design time fees to cover the cost of creating the new material.
Your event management guide, tutor, mentor, trainer – Chris Powell.
With over 500 hundred events successfully delivered and 4500 event managers trained Chris knows a thing or two about the ‘how to’ of successful events. With over 20+ years practical event management experience behind him, you’re in good hands. By his own admission he’s an event groupie…loves events: attending, organising and learning about them.
He also loves helping others develop the confidence to run their own events. As he will tell you, he knew nothing about events when taking on his first event…so has had to learn to be an event manager. This included asking for help and advice along the way from those who had been there before. Chris’s events’ CV can be found here.
Want a FREE report – my 7 Steps to the Perfect Event Report… and learn the ‘how to’ skills of designing, planning and delivering successful events and also get a whole lot more advice, tips and blogs…then pop your name in the box up on the right
Do you want to be a great event manager? Get in touch today.