Event Management Courses
Our tailored suite of event management courses will help you run your own successful events.
We know well-designed and produced events deliver considerable returns of investment – they are the ultimate live marketing experience. Knowing how to deliver great events is a learned skill. However with help – we provide a suite of event management courses – a desire to learn and a willingness to ‘have a go’ you can become a successful event planner.
The vast majority of event planners lack experience or formal qualifications and yet are expected to deliver outstanding events in the most public of environments. Many of us are accidental or occasional event planners: it’s not the day job. Events may appear in the job description but not in your job title. Sounds familiar, is this you? Well help is at hand.
Unique to The Event Expert is an in-house suite of short event management courses which, to date, has transformed the event management skills and confidence of over 3500 people – just like you. Our event management courses are designed and delivered with your event planning needs in mind, at a date, time and location (usually your offices) that suit you. They are delivered across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
New to our offering is an On-Line introduction to event management course called ‘How to organise successful events’ and ‘How to be an event manager’ courses – a great way to learn how to be an event manager: while on the go! Click here to see our list of courses.
Why not take a moment to watch this video which explains how my event management courses can help you.
“The course was wonderful, exceeded my expectations, made my day, can’t wait to read the course reference manual on the trip back home” – Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Want to be a great event manager? Get in touch today.
How can we help you?
Our events management training courses offer you:
1. Tailored half, one and two-day event management courses right up to multiple day master classes that easily fit around your work commitments.
2. A choice of event course type – Standard or Premium
- You will receive an ‘off the shelf’ event management course (as per the programme).
- A hard copy of presentation slides.
- Any additional notes and free newsletter sign up.
In this package you pay the course fee and an additional £20 fee per person up to 10 people.
Click here to see our event training courses
- You will receive a completely bespoke event management programme.
- I will use the existing standard programme as the basis for the course but within the course fee I will create or amend any necessary content.
- Course attendees will all get a hard copy of presentation slides.
- A 60 page reference manual.
- Free newsletter sign up.
- A 20% discount any future course booked and each delegate will get a one month follow up call.In this package you pay a one-off course fee and can add up to 10 delegates for no additional charge.
Here’s a little more about our courses
- We provide event management training courses for the first-time event, students, accidental and occasional event planners right through to experienced events professionals
- You will get access to a unique 8-stage event management process, supported by planning aids, workbooks, reference manuals, event checklists and illustrated by your tutor’s 20+ year’s event management experience.
- You will also get the opportunity to sign up to our after training ‘Refresh Service’ – giving you access to on-going support and refresher activities – helping ensure what you have learnt becomes your new way of working.
Please note there is an additional charge for the Refresh service. This service is included free of charge in the Premium and Master Class courses.
What are the benefits of our in-house event management courses?
- The convenience of practical ‘how to’ event sessions, delivered by practicing event managers i.e. no flannel, just what you need to do…conducted on a one-to-one or one-to-many basis.
- Tailored courses delivered by an event manager who can identify any areas for improvements, offer on the day solutions, sign post you useful resources and how to access further help…as they go through the course.
- An in-house course. We come to you. Courses are held where and when you want them. Clients just need to provide a suitably equipped training room.
- It saves staff travel and accommodation costs and reduces staff time away from the office.
- It’s a highly effective way of developing new knowledge, skills and behaviours quickly.
- Provides a quick and very cost effective way to develop staff: probably cheaper than sending your people on individual generic event courses. If you add extra people on your course you will reduce the overall cost per delegate, saving you more money.
- You receive a course designed specifically to your needs, event planning experience, plans and aligned to your organisational and personal objectives.
Who do we help?
Over the past 17 years we have helped clients from the world of business, education, sport, the public and charity sector, training companies, tourism, creative agencies and festivals to develop their event planning skills.
We help accidental, occasional and professional event planners – individuals, businesses and public-sector officers design and deliver all kinds of public and corporate events.
Why not take a look at some case studies or our client list of people we have already helped.
Why do we do it?
To make a difference to the lives of ‘accidental or occasional event planners’ and inspire them to believe in themselves and be a great event planner…and to help them deliver great events!
Check out our event management course testimonials, to see what previous course delegates have said about them.
If you would prefer to go on a open public course please ask us about these types of course as we also run event management courses for other Training companies.
Can’t see what you need – call me.
I have over the years also created a wide range of specialist event courses and talks covering all kinds of events. If I can help I will. Please note there will be additional design time fees to cover the cost of creating the new material.
Your event management guide, tutor, mentor, trainer – Chris Powell.
With over 500 hundred events successfully delivered and 3500 event managers trained Chris knows a thing or two about the ‘how to’ of successful events. With over 20+ years practical event management experience behind him, you’re in good hands. By his own admission he’s an event groupie…loves events: attending, organising and learning about them.
He also loves helping others develop the confidence to run their own events. As he will tell you. He knew nothing about events when taking on his first event…but over the years has learnt to be an event manager; which has included asking for help and advice along the way from those who had been there before. Chris’s events’ CV can be found here.
Want a FREE report – my 7 Steps to the Perfect Event Report… and learn the ‘how to’ skills of designing, planning and delivering successful events and also get a whole lot more advice, tips and blogs…then pop your name in the box up on the right
Want to be a great event manager? Get in touch today.