Event Management Training Courses
We’ll train you to run your own successful events
To the unknowing planning an event may seem quite straightforward. The reality as you know can often feel quite different. The good news is with practice and a little help you can learn to deliver your own successful events.
The vast majority of event planners lack experience or formal qualifications and yet are expected to deliver an outstanding events in the most public of environments. Many of us are what I call accidental event planners: it's not the day job. Events may appear in your job description but not in your job title. Sounds familiar, is this you? Well help is at hand. Unique to The Event Expert is an in-house suite of short event management training courses which, to date, has transformed the event management skills and confidence of over 2,500 people - just like you. Courses are delivered exclusively for you and your organisation at a date and location (usually your offices) that best suits you.
While we may be slightly biased, there can be few things more rewarding than knowing that you delivered something from concept to completion. And everything in between. While event management may not be for everyone, if you are kind of person that likes a challenge, is willing to learn and has a 'can do' attitude you'll love events.
Why not take a couple of minutes to watch The Event Expert introductory video , which explains how our event training courses can help you.
“Great - covered all of the crucial points, broad enough taste of all elements in events management, Chris was superb - very clear, very useful, kept your attention 100%.”
Mid Wales Energy Agency
Each event management training course is tailored to meet your or your colleagues exact requirements. We will design the content with you, so that it reflects your needs and experience and includes any generic must-know subject areas. Each courses is all about giving you the 'how to' of being a great event manager.
How can we help you?
Our event management training courses offer you:
- Tailored half-day, one-day and two-day training workshops that easily fit around your work commitments.
- Training for first-time events managers and events students, right through to experienced events professionals
- The convenience of practical sessions, based only on what events managers have to do, delivered in-house, (I come to you) or at a location of your choice, on a one-to-one or one-to-many basis.
- Access to a unique 8-stage event management process, supported by planning aids, workbooks, reference manuals, event checklists and illustrated by your tutor’s own real-life event management experiences of the past 20 years in the events industry.
Here's a list of our event planning courses. Please click on the course title to reveal the course outline and programme
- How to organise outstanding public events (1 day)
- How to deliver outstanding corporate events (1 day)
- How to organise outstanding corporate events master class (2 days)
- How to be an outstanding exhibitor: stand staff training (4 hours)
- How to organise outstanding major events and festivals (1 day)
- Event health and safety management course (4 hours)
- How to organise outstanding sports events (1 day)
- An introduction to event management for community groups (3 hours)
- The complete guide to having a great exhibition (1 day)
- How to organise outstanding School and Colleges events (1 day)
- The PA's guide to the perfect event (1 day)
Who do we help?
Over the past 12 years we have helped clients from the world of business, education, sport, the public and charity sector, training companies, tourism, creative agencies and festivals to develop their event planning skills.
What are the benefits of our in-house training?
- Courses are held where and when you want them. My clients need to provide a suitable training room.
- Saves staff travel and accommodation costs
- Reduces staff time away from the office
- Highly effective way of developing new knowledge, skills and behaviours quickly
- Provides a quick and very cost effective way to develop staff - more cost effective than sending people on individual courses
- Expert help from somebody entirely focussed on the needs of you and or your colleagues and aligned to your organisational objectives
Why do we do it?
To make a difference to the lives of 'accidental event planners' and inspire them to believe in themselves and be a great event planner...and to help them deliver great events!
Here's a little more information about us
- You may want to take a look at our training testimonials, to see what previous course delegates have said about them.
- Your tutor: Chris Powell, The Event Expert events' CV can be found here.
If however you prefer to have someone guide and support you through the whole event planning process, then our 1-2-1 Event Coaching Service, is for you.
Please ask for details about public courses which we also run for other training and development companies
"Thank you for leading the Worcestershire Events and Festivals workshop - the feedback from our organisers has been fantastic. You hit just the right level and I am sure all of them will put your suggestions for running a successful event into practice over the coming months."
Not sure which event management course is for you or you need something a little more bespoke, then call us or drop us an email.
Do you want to improve your event planning skills? Yes! Then why not
- Contact us today and let's talk about your event training requirements
- 'Sign up now' to receive regular tips on how to deliver great events
- Request a copy of The Seven Biggest Mistakes Event Planners unwittingly make and how to avoid them
t: +44 (0)1256 335 192
m: +44 (0)7944 317 247
We'd love to help you design, plan and deliver your own outstanding events